Catering Manager Position type: Freelance contract
Anticipated dates: Fixed 2021 event dates*
Great Lakeland 3 Day; 29th April – 4th May
Cape Wrath Ultra; 19th May – 1st June
Dragons Back Race; 2nd – 13th September
Skyline Scotland;15th – 21st September
* additional days will be required to fulfil the prep and planning work.
Location: Onsite locations at events across the UK.
Contract Value: £12,000 per annum.
Applications ACCEPTED BY EMAIL WITH COVERING LETTER AND CV:
firstname.lastname@example.org DEADLINE: 22ND JANUARY
We’re a small (9-person) team organising the UK’s finest off-road running events including the Dragon’s Back Race®, Cape Wrath Ultra®, Salomon Skyline Scotland®, and the SILVA Great Lakeland 3Day™. We work year-round, primarily from a rural office near Kendal, and our passion is the outdoors.
We are looking for a Catering Manager who will manage all aspects of catering across our events. The fixed event dates are outlined above however there will be additional days required to fulfil the planning and preparation work.
Full roles and responsibilities are outlined below.
• Being the senior person responsible for the management of the catering team and delivery of the catering at each event. Including, coordinate with the Ourea team pre-event to ensure that the Catering Team (including both volunteers and professional staff) have the minimum qualifications (as defined by legislation, such as Food Health and Safety Hygiene Leven II) and suitable experience for their roles.
• Collaborating with the Ourea team and any external consultants (for example, Nutritional Consultant) to agree a menu for each event and a budget for any external suppliers.
• Provide overview, management and coordination of the menu and provision of catering services and supplies at each event.
• Research, source and coordinating all catering equipment purchases or hiring necessary for the delivery of the event menu. Thereafter, to make all necessary arrangements for their delivery and/or collection of these items at the Ourea Events office.
• Research, source and coordinating all wholesale food suppliers so that the components and ingredients
necessary for the event menu are ordered in advance. Thereafter, to make all necessary arrangements for
their delivery and/or collection of these components and ingredients immediately prior to an event at the Ourea Events office.
Research, source and coordinating external caterers so that pre-made meals and/or components of the menu are ordered in advance. Thereafter, to make all necessary arrangements for their delivery and/or collection of these pre-made meals and/or components immediately prior to an event at the Ourea Events office.
• Whilst placing orders with external wholesale food suppliers and/or external caterers at all times to limit expenditure to the agreed budget.
• At all times to comply with all relevant legislation and established good practice relating to the provision of catering services, including maintaining a Hazards Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) system and Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
• At all times to work within the Food Safety Management Policy of Ourea.
• Take responsibility for the production of specific meals and meal components. In this instance these items are to be produced on the Contractors premises in advance of each event.
• Attend one contingency planning day per year.
• Attend additional meetings with the Ourea team necessary for the coordination, efficient and smooth
delivery of each other’s obligations within this agreement.
• Food Hygiene Certificate – Level 3.
• Full UK Driving License.
Informal questions welcome: email@example.com
Interviews: w/c 25th January